2.14.2011

Happy Valentine's Day - an important anniversary

Four years ago today I had my right hip surgically replaced. Having the surgery fall on Valentine's Day was not my idea. It came down to fitting into my doctor's schedule.

I've always felt that this day is a manufactured "Hallmark Holiday". I prefer to express my love and devotion on a daily basis and find it a bit weird to have a day dedicated to the acknowledgement of love and affection.

My Valentine spent this day in 2007 anxiously waiting for me to be wheeled into a hospital room. She cared for me through my recovery and continues to protect me from myself and my tendency to overdo it from time to time.

Happy Valentine's Day to my lovely wife and Happy Anniversary to my prosthetic hip. May you both be with me... always.

No comments:

Post a Comment